Location: This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location please specify when you apply.
The Program Manager shall provide technical leadership and program management of multiyear, multidisciplinary engineering contracts. The ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years of program management experience in large design, development, test and fabrication programs. The primary responsibilities of the Program Manager are to ensure that the overall program milestones, schedules, budget and technical objectives are successfully met. Satisfying these responsibilities will require detailed coordination of program activities within ATA as well as significant interaction with both the customer and subcontractors in accomplishing program milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall program management, coordination and leadership for all program elements including component design, hardware procurement, assembly, systems integration and test verification activities
- Lead all interactions with customer, team members and subcontractors
- Lead ATA program planning, scheduling and requirements definition in support of customer planning activities.
- Lead all overall program related customer interaction activities including those supported by our team members and subcontractors.
- Lead the execution, tracking and control of program activities in accordance with the program schedule
- Lead the ATA reliability and maintainability, system safety, risk management, configuration management, technical publications and product transition activity in support of the customer’s activities in these areas.
- Manage work activities to contracted scope of work for all ATA activities including those of team members and subcontractors and identify and manage any changes to the scope of work.
- Manage overall program through management of ATA project managers assigned to program.
- Manage and integrate multiple project managers responsible for design, analysis, testing and fabrication.
- Establish methods and procedures for requirements verification and manage verification process
- Manage procurement of services and hardware to meet contractual requirements.
- Manage program budget, contractor and team member invoicing and payment, and customer invoicing and payment
- Ensure ATA standard of technical quality, cost-efficiency and timeliness in meeting customer/program commitments are met
- Minimum of an M.S. degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering with excellent academic record
- At least 5 years of program management experience in large design/build contracts and an additional 5 years of experience as a practicing engineer with an expertise in analysis-driven design, modal analysis or ground vibration testing, flight testing, acoustics, loads and dynamics, or a related field
- Exceptional problem-solving skills in addressing program challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Aerospace industry expertise preferred
- Experience with Siemens PLM Teamcenter Software is a plus
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.